Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you manage to reproduce this behavior?

• Total voters

KJL3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Maybe it’s just me, but I noticed that while connected to power, both my iPhone SE (1gen) and iPad Air 2, both on iOS 13.4.1, are responding very strange to touch inputs like unintended taps, skipping movements etc... could somebody please check on their devices if this could be reproduced? As I said, this only happens when connected to power. Unplugging the lightning cable reverts both to normal behavior. I can’t remember having noticed this before 13.4.1... This is very, very strange...

thx.

P.S.: I noticed Touch isn’t perfect without power being connected either, but it gets way worse when connected. I also added a video.

UPDATE:

As it turnes out, the touch issues only occurs when power is plugged in via a charger. When using a powerbank, everything seems normal. I tried different (Apple) Power Supplies, so i think something weird is going on in my house's power line... would that make sense? Really strange... Further investigations will follow.

Last edited:

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Touch is a bit weird on my iPad Pro 10.5 when plugged in, I think it was also there in earlier versions of iOS 13.

Reactions: KJL3000

GhettoMrBob

macrumors regular
May 21, 2014
This happens when the charger isn't grounded. If you happen to have a MacBook try charging from the same outlet with a 2-prong charger....you'll notice the aluminum almost feels rough or a little "vibratey".

Could definitely be related to the house's electric if the charger doesn't do this elsewhere (i.e. at work or someone else's house with your charger).

Reactions: KJL3000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.