Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lunaprk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Orlando, Florida
.......and I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. Mostly for the patience to continually answer the "which to buy" questions. I did a lot of research with several sites but since I read MacRumors for news about Macs, I end up reading the Digital Photography forums. You all really had a big hand in explaining the strengths of each camera.

I ended up buying the Nikon D80 with a 18-55 3.5-5.6 lens (both reconditioned from Adorama.com for approx $725). I felt the ability to use more legacy lenses was the deciding factor over the D40 & D60. I chose Nikon over the others as that is the brand of the 35mm camera I used years ago. I borrowed a Canon Rebel for a photography workshop and it was fine but I still give the edge to Nikon- just a personal preference.

I spent a weekend in NYC (Did stop by the brick & mortar Adorama) my first time shooting and I'm very satisfied and learned most of the functions easily. Look forward to saving and buying better lenses in the future- thanks folks!

Marlon

Attachments

• DSC_1061.jpg
    DSC_1061.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 343
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.