Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2016
IMG_0583.png
IMG_0584.png

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2016
I started with the 4s. I am very happy Apple is offering an option to go back to that type phone again.
I'm in the same boat. The 4s and 5 are my favorite designs, so when I got the 12 Pro, It was like reconnecting with an old girlfriend ?.

Reactions: bluecoast

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
You could also apply coming full circle to size as well with the 12 Mini.

curved vs squared off edges
I am so happy the iPhone is back with squared edges. I never like the aesthetics nor feel of the round edges of the iPhone 6 and up.

I remember checking out the iPhone 6 launch event, scrolling down the updates on MR to get a look at the new iPhone. When I first saw the iPhone 6, I swear I thought it was an Android phone.

I was confused as to why there would be an Android phone displayed on an Apple Keynote. My first thought was that maybe Apple was comparing iOS adoption rates to Android, but then it hit me... That was the new iPhone.

I was using an iPhone 5s at the time, and was very happy with it, so I wasn't going to upgrade anyways, but almost a year later, my wife broke the screen of her iPhone 5, so I decided to try the iPhone 6s Plus and I gave her my iPhone.

I hated the design of the 6s Plus, but thought I would like the size. I was wrong. I hated the size, and it was nearly impossible for me to use one handed.

As soon as the 128GB SE1 came out, I purchased it, and sold my 6s Plus. It was the only iPhone I have ever bought that I sold. I kept all the others.

I love my SE1, and will be using it till it totally dies. I love the size of the iPhone 12 Mini, and might consider getting that as my next iPhone, but I think I will miss my Touch ID.

Reactions: klasma

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
Regarding the photo of the the two phones:

iOS 6 looks pretty old fashioned now, doesn’t it?

Mind you: the bright flashes of white on iOS 14 look garish.

Can’t help but think that the iOS UI should be on a middle ground between these two. Ditto the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.