Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
So far, the only one I've found useful is Apollo. It opens Reddit links in the Apollo app automatically.

I'm curious what you're all using!

Reactions: Harlowgold1

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I'm also curious to know what others are using and find useful.
For me, I use Noir, Apollo and Wipr.

Noir makes any webpage render in dark mode. Developer is very responsive and updates the app often to fix any webpage issues, which are rare. It's working well beyond my expectations for this type of app.

Wipr is a speedy, lightweight ad blocker with a script extension to block YT ads in Safari.

Reactions: DaPizzaMan

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
I feel like there’s a lot of potential with extensions, and yet there doesn’t seem to be that many available yet?

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
I'm also curious to know what others are using and find useful.
For me, I use Noir, Apollo and Wipr.

Noir makes any webpage render in dark mode. Developer is very responsive and updates the app often to fix any webpage issues, which are rare. It's working well beyond my expectations for this type of app.

Wipr is a speedy, lightweight ad blocker with a script extension to block YT ads in Safari.
Which websites has Noir been most effective on? I’d buy it in a heartbeat if I know it works.

I use AdGuard Pro from way back when content filters came out on iOS. It’s served me well so I don’t see myself switching to Wipr, but I’ve heard good things.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Which websites has Noir been most effective on? I’d buy it in a heartbeat if I know it works.

I use AdGuard Pro from way back when content filters came out on iOS. It’s served me well so I don’t see myself switching to Wipr, but I’ve heard good things.
NYTimes, Google Search, TechCrunch... Basically any site that doesn't have dark mode. I haven't experienced a website that it hasn't worked on. A month ago there was a small issue with apple.com where one of the expand buttons on their mobile site didn't display. I reported it and it was fixed in a few days with an app update.

Best part is it ignores websites that natively supports dark mode and whitelist any website you want. If browsing the web in dark mode all the time is something you want, this is the app to get.

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
NYTimes, Google Search, TechCrunch... Basically any site that doesn't have dark mode. I haven't experienced a website that it hasn't worked on. A month ago there was a small issue with apple.com where one of the expand buttons on their mobile site didn't display. I reported it and it was fixed in a few days with an app update.

Best part is it ignores websites that natively supports dark mode and whitelist any website you want. If browsing the web in dark mode all the time is something you want, this is the app to get.
I’ve tried to think of websites that I frequent that don’t have a dark mode and I couldn’t think of any. I’m gonna pass on this one for now, but I’ll keep it in mind in case something changes. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.