Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheiko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
Can anybody type "nvram -p" in Terminal on new MacBook Air 2018 just to see what is the default parameters, especially if there any string called "AutoBoot" and any parameters for that?

Because for now I'm in some experiment with this setting. For example, as you may know, "AutoBoot=%00" turns off automatic power up when you open's the lid or connect your power adapter in new MBP. It works and for new 2018 Air. By the way, as I checked, "AutoBoot=%01" do the same thing. But, "AutoBoot=%02" does not and "AutoBoot=%03" too. So, in the net people saying that "%03" is the default nvram parameter and I need to know is that true, 'cause I do not want to reset nvram to check this out.

A few weeks ago I went to a store that sells Apple equipment and accessories to it and decided to see the default settings for nvram on computers that were there, namely mbp and new air.
When I typed "nvram -p" command in Terminal, I didn't see the "AutoBoot" parameter at all. It turns out that by default it is not at all in the settings and with its prescription we add it manually? That is the question what I'm trying to find out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.