Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Man that silver 8 plus looks gorgeous. Most
videos I’ve seen make it look white. With the glass it looks amazing.
Which one are you all getting?

This phone is a sleeper hit. While most early adopters are raving about the latest style I believe this will be the best iteration of the current form factor. Plus it has the same gpu, A11 chip and same 3 gb of ram as the X but having to push fewer pixels and less tech for the face ID it’s actually going to be the fasted and most powerful of all the iPhones, including the X.

stabile007

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
That gold looks very nice. Not Uber loud like the other gold. Very refined and elegant. Good choice.

Thanks :) the only thing I think I would have liked more is if the back panel was white with gold accents (ala the 5S). I think that would have been amazing. But given that is the design of the X pretty much I am not surprised they went this route. This is the first iPhone with a gold glass back though so I am excited to see how it looks in person. Usually their photos don't do the color choices justice.

Reactions: BeeGood and michial

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
I got the gold. I hope I love it IRL as much as I love it in pictures. I've never been tempted by the gold shades before but this one is really pretty. Can't wait for next Friday!

Reactions: BeeGood and michial

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Where do you see 3GB of ram? I'm having a moment of freaking out seeing 2GB everywhere. I would love to see 3GB cuz the 7+ had 3GB (I ordered the 8+).

I've had a white 6s+ for the last two years. Going back to black with the 8+. :) Space Grey.

Reactions: michial

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
IMG_3571.jpg

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Space grey for some reason got a silver 6s and I have hated it for most of the last 2 years.

This phone is a sleeper hit. While most early adopters are raving about the latest style I believe this will be the best iteration of the current form factor.

Well I would hope so its 4 years old lol

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Gold here. Coming from a rose gold 6s. I like how it’s a nice combo of the two colors. I’m excited to see it in person.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Where do you see 3GB of ram? I'm having a moment of freaking out seeing 2GB everywhere. I would love to see 3GB cuz the 7+ had 3GB (I ordered the 8+).

I've had a white 6s+ for the last two years. Going back to black with the 8+. :) Space Grey.
I didn’t see it anywhere. All the plus phones before always had one more than the regular. The dozen or so podcasts I listened to this week all said it and the X both had 3gb of ram.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I didn’t see it anywhere. All the plus phones before always had one more than the regular. The dozen or so podcasts I listened to this week all said it and the X both had 3gb of ram.

Yeah I hit a bad site that said it had 2GB of ram, but if I had Googled better I'd have seen that. Hah, thank you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.