Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redrabbit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Hi, I currently only use Dreamweaver (very occasionally), Photoshop, and Lightroom in my workflow. I noticed there's alot of CS3 programs/folders that I never touch in my Applications folder, such as Bridge, Device Central, and Stock Photo Viewer. Are those programs neccesary? Would it be safe to delete them? What would be the best way to do it, if I can? Also, is Device Central the program that recognizes my Canon XT Rebel when I plug it in? If so, I'll keep it. :D

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Hi, I currently only use Dreamweaver (very occasionally), Photoshop, and Lightroom in my workflow. I noticed there's alot of CS3 programs/folders that I never touch in my Applications folder, such as Bridge, Device Central, and Stock Photo Viewer. Are those programs neccesary? Would it be safe to delete them? What would be the best way to do it, if I can? Also, is Device Central the program that recognizes my Canon XT Rebel when I plug it in? If so, I'll keep it. :D

Device Central is an app to help design graphics for phones, pdas, etc....

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
DON'T REMOVE ANYTHING YOURSELF IN PHOTOSHOP CS3 OR ANY CS3 SOFTWARE!

Sorry for shouting... don't do it. You have to install the software CD and remove individual apps that way... OR... find the "Remove Adobe ______ CS3" app and uninstall the app the proper way. Don't just delete it.

Adobe CS and all newer versions are very tightly integrated and share files, plugins, and App Support from other applications and folders. So deleting one the wrong way will most likely cause minute damage to an another app. Don't delete Bridge, or any other Apps that Photoshop and other apps use for connecting to each other... don't delete anything from the app support folder in the library.

becim

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
Help

DON'T REMOVE ANYTHING YOURSELF IN PHOTOSHOP CS3 OR ANY CS3 SOFTWARE!

Sorry for shouting... don't do it. You have to install the software CD and remove individual apps that way... OR... find the "Remove Adobe ______ CS3" app and uninstall the app the proper way. Don't just delete it.

Adobe CS and all newer versions are very tightly integrated and share files, plugins, and App Support from other applications and folders. So deleting one the wrong way will most likely cause minute damage to an another app. Don't delete Bridge, or any other Apps that Photoshop and other apps use for connecting to each other... don't delete anything from the app support folder in the library.

Damn ! it , i deleted some of them. Now, i can't install or completely delete CS 3 Photoshop or any illustrator. When i try to open photoshop setup, it starts loading than nothing happens? Do you have any idea , how can i fix this ?

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Damn ! it , i deleted some of them. Now, i can't install or completely delete CS 3 Photoshop or any illustrator. When i try to open photoshop setup, it starts loading than nothing happens? Do you have any idea , how can i fix this ?

Reinstall CS3

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005

Reinstall CS3

becim

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
:mad:i reinstalled it but nothing happens it gives error. Since my mac book pro is new (2 months old). I am reinstalling OSX. I have project due for tomorrow and i am dealing with this problem pisses me off!! :mad: but thanks for the response

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.