Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffzoom91

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2005
Florida
Hate to burst your bubble, but, hold the camera straight, please, just do it, 45 degree angles aren't cool. There was someone on this forums a while back who ranted about this woman who launched a "professional photography" website, when she shot with a kodak point and shoot, and did weird angles ALOT. Don't become that person. Don't over modify. Start with the cleanest image possible. Other than that, not bad grasshopper.:p

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Hate to burst your bubble, but, hold the camera straight, please, just do it, 45 degree angles aren't cool. There was someone on this forums a while back who ranted about this woman who launched a "professional photography" website, when she shot with a kodak point and shoot, and did weird angles ALOT. Don't become that person. Don't over modify. Start with the cleanest image possible. Other than that, not bad grasshopper.:p

Ahaha I remember that. Everyone had a good rant. :p

kwalsh16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
the resign for the tilt was because where i was if i shot it normally i would of had a big bush in my way so i decided to tilt it on that shot.:eek:

schreck

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
New England

Take this to heart, jovencito.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
I love the second picture. But that might just be because I have only been to the beach once. I agree about the tilted camera. It gets reall anoying.

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
shooting at an angle can be very effective, for certain shots.

For a landscape (waterscape?) of the ocean, it just looks funny.

The shots are ok, but what are you trying to highlight in the photo? What is the meaning, focus, etc. Just a picture of a surfer? ok, then that is what you got. but it is just a snapshot. You need to get much closer and use a longer lens if you want to focus on the surfer. Check out https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/4474287/ as an example.

kwalsh16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
well up to now i have only had the stock lens but today im going to go and get and 70-300 lens because i finally got the money for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.