Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
California
I took these a little while ago when I first got my remote....

Thanks for the feedback!

Attachments

• picture-5.jpg
    picture-5.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 261
  • picture-7.jpg
    picture-7.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 263

lucero1148

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
NIce color but you should crop your image as there are too many elements in your frame that detracts from the subject. Which I suppose is you since it's a self portrait. Unless you're trying to be pyschological and stress that you're insignificant and lost in the process of taking this photo? In other words think about what you're trying to say visually and then compose to make a stronger statement.
all best and good luck
Patrick

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Don't like the first one, but it could be improved if you cropped out the left column, or you shot it in portrait and zoomed in a bit. I don't even know where to look.

The 2nd photo is okay, but I wish you zoomed in a tiny bit. Your position within the frame is ok, but I want to see you slightly clearer. In my opinion, the expression on your face is important to see, but I guess I can understand why you want the person to be tiny in the image. I like you tiny, but I still wish you were a bit larger. It does look good though. I guess there's a lot of things you could have done when shooting this image, and what you did is something many other people may prefer.

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
California
ok thanks for al of the feedback...I feel that i am trying to do my own style but i do agree that I shoud have zoomed in...damn stock lens...

with these particular shots there are a lot of ways to work the camera angles...these are some of my favorites but next time I go I may reshoot these.

Thanks again for the input.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Looking at the first picture just makes me want to move the camera two feet to the left and reangle it at you. If only the green trees on the left weren't in the picture, that would be pretty good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.