Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I took this not to long ago when I was in connecticut and was astounded by the high gas prices. I used the radial blur in photoshop elements. This is my first "cool" thing I have done with photoshop so far. I just got pse around a month ago.

Attachments

• DSC_0212.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 108

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I actually took a picture of that too. I am working on that one right now. When i get that one done i will post it. Unleaded was around 3.30 i think.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
This the regular gas sign. I am new to all of this photoshop stuff so i am just trying to change the picture. If you have any suggestions on how to make these pictures more interesting you are welcome.

Attachments

• DSC_0210.JPG
    DSC_0210.JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 79

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
I like the first one better, my opinion and preference of course. Mainly because it has an antique look and feel to it. The second one is pretty neat though. I like how it turned the top of the sign, that looks pretty cool.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I like the first better as well. I couldn't figure out how to recreate the first one again. I was sorta in a hurry because I still have some homework to get done. That is done now so I might try to recreate the first one again.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I just tried to recreate the first one in the second one. I added the older feel to it and did a radial blur again. I am still experimenting and i am no pro by any means. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0209.JPG
    DSC_0209.JPG
    637.7 KB · Views: 51

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
I just tried to recreate the first one in the second one. I added the older feel to it and did a radial blur again. I am still experimenting and i am no pro by any means. Any help is much appreciated.

Its not so much the effect, but I find the photo itself doesnt capture my interest as much as the other one. I think the other one has more of a theme, with the old fashioned sign, and the antique colour effect, makes me think of an old gas station.

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
Its not so much the effect, but I find the photo itself doesnt capture my interest as much as the other one. I think the other one has more of a theme, with the old fashioned sign, and the antique colour effect, makes me think of an old gas station.

I'll second that. The first one has more of intent to it, rather you intended it or not. It fits the editing you've done to it better than the second one. Even the ground and background contribute to the 'old gas station' feel. That was a good point too, it does have the feeling and look of an old gas station.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Yeh, the first one rocks. Funny how if you keep that a decade or so it may be a piece of history, and some day your grandchildren will say, 'papa, what is diesel?':p

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
Can you post just the original photo? Maybe we could see what the potential of it is then. I'd like to see it at least with the original coloring, that'd help a lot.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Yeh, the first one rocks. Funny how if you keep that a decade or so it may be a piece of history, and some day your grandchildren will say, 'papa, what is diesel?':p

Actually I took this picture about a week ago. Here is what I started with.

Attachments

• UPLOAD.jpg
    UPLOAD.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 65
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.