Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loeme852

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Hi!

Since I just purchased a 13" 4 Thunderbolt MacBook Pro, I was wondering what a next purchase would have to look like for me and thought this might be an interesting question to post here and see if there is anything else that could/should influence my next buying decision.

I was hoping that this current refresh would be the one with the 14" screen, but i was going to buy a MacBook anyway. Sadly the Base model still got 8th gen CPU's so i opted for the 4 Port base model. Happy with that since it also has 2 fans, better speakers and the 4 Ports.

But for my next Model, it would NEED to have:
- 14" screen/Smaller bezels (Dont really care much about MiniLED)
> 120-144 Hz Display
- WiFi 6/6e
- FaceID (about 10x more usefull on a Laptop than on iPhone in my opinion. But as I understand it, this would require an Apple/ARM chip for security/performance reasons)

What I would LIKE to have:
- Dedicated graphics
- Better compatibility with games (Unreal engine 5, just announced :D)
- Better thermals/Cooling solution
- BootCamp still as an option (heard there might be issues if and when ARM CPUs come)
- USB Gen 4?/4.x (I think gen 4 has/will have the same 40 gbits speed as Thunderbolt 3, so maybe USB 4 instead of Thunderbolt?)

What do you think? Did i miss something? And what would you like from your next MacBook?

Reactions: ascender

pcdtech

Suspended
May 11, 2020
I need to see ARM play out before I commit, but I’d like to see a 13-14” laptop with thin screen bezels, Face ID, and a tactile keyboard. You may laugh, but I don’t think that the Touch Bar is the last foray into touch screen inputs on the Mac, and I don’t like it. After four years, I’m finally adjusting to the Touch Bar but certainly don’t like it, and would prefer standard, tactile keys. I’d also like two to four USB-C ports, and a chip that’s powerful enough for my day to day tasks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.