Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applecool78

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2021
What games and apps should I download on my new iPad Pro 12.9in 2tb wi-Fi + cellular?
I have an apple arcade subscription. what apps work will with the Apple pencil and apps that work well with the foldable keyboard ?
what movie apps should I buy . :apple::)

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
For the most part, ask yourself the same question. People right here have no idea about your taste, your background etc, so recommendation is rough.
For games, you can google “demanding mobile games” and download some to try out. Do keep in mind that not all of them supports Apple Arcade, and Apple Arcade is far from the best place to play games.
For music, just listen to what you used to. Or you can try out that “lossless” option. I’d argue speaker won’t deliver anything lossless though.
For movie, just google “HDR movie” and there should be quite a few. Latest fast and furious seems nice to me.

Applecool78

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2021
For the most part, ask yourself the same question. People right here have no idea about your taste, your background etc, so recommendation is rough.
For games, you can google “demanding mobile games” and download some to try out. Do keep in mind that not all of them supports Apple Arcade, and Apple Arcade is far from the best place to play games.
For music, just listen to what you used to. Or you can try out that “lossless” option. I’d argue speaker won’t deliver anything lossless though.
For movie, just google “HDR movie” and there should be quite a few. Latest fast and furious seems nice to me.
ok thanks i love HDR movies

JSteele

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2021
Call of Duty mobile and pair your Xbox one controller or DualSense controller to it. It's almost like playing it on your TV on the couch but you can do it anywhere.

JSteele

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2021
Is this Apple arcade?
Nope its not, for the Apple Arcade I play the Golf Clap game with my controller. Its alright, but the COD Mobile is not apple arcade just a regular free mobile game. If you don't play a lot of Call of Duty or Battle Field games you probably won't like it.

Applecool78

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2021
Nope its not, for the Apple Arcade I play the Golf Clap game with my controller. Its alright, but the COD Mobile is not apple arcade just a regular free mobile game. If you don't play a lot of Call of Duty or Battle Field games you probably won't like it.
Ok I mostly play Minecraft and Apple arcade games

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
First check the apps you already bought on your previous devices (go to App Store/top right avatar/purchased). I found I somehow bought Procreate, 10 years ago. Many apps, like the og iA Writer work perfectly fine on new iPP.
Next I’d suggest installing AdGuard and ProtonVPN, both are free, set them once and forget about them.
For games, FTL. I’m nearing its completion on PC. It can take years to 100% it, depending how often you play it, but I will gladly do it twice. Best rogue-lite, period.

Reactions: Caviar_X

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
What games and apps should I download on my new iPad Pro 12.9in 2tb wi-Fi + cellular?
I have an apple arcade subscription. what apps work will with the Apple pencil and apps that work well with the foldable keyboard ?
what movie apps should I buy . :apple::)

Well, this is going to depend entirely on what *types* of games you like and what apps you need, but for what it's worth here are some things I've found excellent:

- The Baldur's Gate and the other infinity engine series of games. If you like classic RPGs you just can't get any better than these. Heavily tactical and the inspiration for games like DIS/2 but these have party AI and aren't *completely* turn-based (although they can be if you want). So if you dislike clicking over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again just to get through a single round of combat like you have to do with DIS/2 then you'll like the flexibility of the Infinity Engine games a lot better.
- On the other hand if you do enjoy clicking a whole bunch to progress the story-line then apparently DIS2 is out for iOS and is very well done. Choose this one if you want something more modern graphically and don't mind extremely slow combat / zero party AI / needing to micro-manage every single thing your character does (making for a LOT of clicking).
- Life is Strange. It won so many awards for a reason. Story-based game. Play this is you like story-heavy RPGs or games with emotional impact.
- Pixelmator / Pro. If you want something like Photoshop at a reasonable price (very good products).

Applecool78

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2021
First check the apps you already bought on your previous devices (go to App Store/top right avatar/purchased). I found I somehow bought Procreate, 10 years ago. Many apps, like the og iA Writer work perfectly fine on new iPP.
Next I’d suggest installing AdGuard and ProtonVPN, both are free, set them once and forget about them.
For games, FTL. I’m nearing its completion on PC. It can take years to 100% it, depending how often you play it, but I will gladly do it twice. Best rogue-lite, period.
Ok but some are not on the App Store no more

Applecool78

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2021
the only Battle Field game I like is lego brawls on Apple Arcade and Minecraft pvp servers

Gandek

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2017
There’s not that many actual arcade games, so I’m guessing you probably already found what you want. With that said I do enjoy NBA 2k on it which works surprisingly well and isn’t all that much cut down from the main game.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Break the apple servers, download everything 😜 give that new mini led iPad a thrashing 👌

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
DIvinity original Sin (and no, I don't know why in the world I assumed anyone else would know why I'm abbreviating it that way 😂 Otherwise it's DOS, which is, well DOS, so somehow Divinity Original Sin has always been "DIS" to me the same way that Fallout 3 is FO3 etc.)

Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I put cod mobile, Mario kart, golden tee and bunch of sega classics so far…. I also sideloaded retroarch, but have to pass the games to the iPad to see how the run depending on the system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.