Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PIX

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Noticed recently whenever I unplug any type of external drive from my M2 MacMini without first ejecting there is no longer any popup "Disk Not Ejected Properly. Eject "drive name" before disconnecting or turning it off" I also tried unplugging various external types of drives on my work M1 MacBook Pro with the same results. Both Macs are running MacOS 14.3.1. Did Apple decide to disable this feature with Sonoma?

apostolosdt

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2021
On my Mini M1 running macOS 14.3.1, the warning does appear if I unplug any ext disk without ejecting it first. Do you use any apps for securing proper disconnection?

PIX

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
On my Mini M1 running macOS 14.3.1, the warning does appear if I unplug any ext disk without ejecting it first. Do you use any apps for securing proper disconnection?
Getting the ejection alert now on my M2 MacMini. I originally unplugged the drives after 11pm. I wonder if it's because of Do Not Disturb being active because it runs 10pm-7am? However still not getting the alert on my Work M1 MacBook Pro.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.