Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manyelski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
So I know apple made the big announcement that Facebook for example would not be able to track your google searches and stuff and then introduced this iClod ip hiding option with iOS 15 but then anything I search on google immediately appears on my FB? Was that a big a$$ lie and a smoke in your face or wtf?

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
The only solution is not to be online or move to the amazon like you just said. Even if you use google only as the search engine, they will still track it back to you. Also if you have multiple devices, it does not help to deactivate it on one device because as soon as you are doing anything on another of your devices, it will go right back.

For instance, I use YouTube Premium on two phones and thus I need to be logged in on Google and boom I get advertisement of specific things on TikTok on my other phone, even though I never searched for it on that device but "they" know it is me.

PS the "IP hiding" option is only for Safari, not for other apps like FB

Reactions: manyelski
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.