Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
I just installed macOS Ventura RC, when checking the Login items within the Settings, I noticed in the Allow in the Background section an app called TablePlus Inc, is like a DB manager, any idea which application could have installed this or is it part of the OS? Thanks

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
I have not installed this app, even if I search the file system I can't find anything with that name

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Did some research with a fresh install of Ventura (upgrade over Monterrey) on a VM, after installing Proxyman's Helper tool, the Table Plus process showed up

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
I have noticed the Helper Tool installs TablePlus, after disabling the Helper Tool, and removing Proxyman, TablePlus is still there, I will try the AppCleaner

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If the TablePlus is a part of the the Proxyman helper tool, and an internal process, then AppCleaner might not find it.
If you need that proxyman software, then I think it is reasonable to guess that it uses TablePlus for an internal database. If it is suspicious to you, then you might want to contact Proxyman support. Perhaps they will be able to answer your question about what "piggybacks" with Proxyman.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.