Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SHEEPOS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2015
Both are stock base models, so Apple tried to fix my MacBook 4 times and after every repair something else appears to be wrong with the machine it's self so they have decided to replace my MacBook with 15" MacBook Pro Mid 2015. will I notice anything difference?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think the 2015 has the newer force touch trackpad, but other then that, I think the difference won't be that noticeable.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Slightly better CPU, slightly better GPU, new trackpad, much faster Flash storage. Mainly due to the latter, you'll see an increase in real-world performance; applications will open faster and the system will boot quicker than you're used to.

tubeexperience

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2016
Slightly better CPU, slightly better GPU, new trackpad, much faster Flash storage. Mainly due to the latter, you'll see an increase in real-world performance; applications will open faster and the system will boot quicker than you're used to.

Slightly faster CPU and GPU. Force Touch touchpad. Faster SSD.

I would have to disagree that the faster SSD make much of a difference outside of certain specific applications.

Reactions: tryrtryrtryrt

tryrtryrtryrt

Suspended
Sep 10, 2016
Slightly faster CPU and GPU. Force Touch touchpad. Faster SSD.

I would have to disagree that the faster SSD make much of a difference outside of certain specific applications.
Mostly +1.

If you compare models with dGPU, dGPU is a little better than "slightly" but still meh.

Overall IMHO only the Force Touch trackpad is a noticeable difference. (And for some it's even considered worse than the old mechanical one.)
[doublepost=1492765096][/doublepost]
Both are stock base models, so Apple tried to fix my MacBook 4 times and after every repair something else appears to be wrong with the machine it's self so they have decided to replace my MacBook with 15" MacBook Pro Mid 2015. will I notice anything difference?
So this is a no brainer, obviously replace it.

However I would try negotiating further first and requesting MBP'16 instead. Just for the sake of its cost: you could always sell it if you don't like it and buy MBP'15 and some beer or anything.

P. S. Pay attention what configuration they're providing to you. If your late 2013 contains dGPU their mid-2015 might not as currently Apple does not sell mid-2015 with dGPU. If this is the case, at least request some other upgrade to compensate this - like bigger SSD at least. Or, again, as I said - MBP'16.

Last edited:
Reactions: tubeexperience
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.