Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsudorion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Belgium
I might have a stupid question but in need to ask it anyway. I've been experimenting with the possibilities of using parts not specifically made for a certain generation of macs. For example, I upgraded my iMac 2009 with a CPU and GPU for the 2010 model. (i5 2,66 became i7 2,93 and Radeon 4850 became Radeon 5750).

But to the point now, I have a broken iMac 24" 2007 and I presume the PSU is the culprit, so in my quest for a used PSU I only found overly expense A1225 PSU'S, which are the 24" model I want to repair. While the A 1225's are more than half the price ($36) of the A1224 ($139), being the 24" model. So, would this fit in that iMac 24" ?

I'm quite certain it's not the case, but I'm curious. I mean I ordered a logic board for a macbook air 2014 and tried to fit it in macbook air 2012 which worked out fine,apart from the small changes apple made that made me get a new flash drive and IO ribbon cable...(why oh why Apple..)

So anybody who has dared to do anything similar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.