Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McGhost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
I shoot with a 1d mark ii. i have the canon software (image browser, image capture) loaded on my mac. i have iphoto and photoshop cs 2. I take alot of photos of a lot of different subjects, and i'm really starting to get disorganized. i pretty much always shoot in raw. is there any way i can use one program to do it all? what programs are the best? any pointers? i need a method that works!!!!!

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
I shoot with a 1d mark ii. i have the canon software (image browser, image capture) loaded on my mac. i have iphoto and photoshop cs 2. I take alot of photos of a lot of different subjects, and i'm really starting to get disorganized. i pretty much always shoot in raw. is there any way i can use one program to do it all? what programs are the best? any pointers? i need a method that works!!!!!

Lightroom or Aperture, do a search. There is a sticky I think

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
I use Lightroom but Aperture does the same thing. They each have a few unique features so you just have to decide which is better for YOU.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of either of these before. Perhaps have a listen to a few photography podcasts to get you up to speed.

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
Agree with the above posts - either LR or Aperture will totally blow you away with ease of asset management and editing. I've used both, and each has positives and negatives.

Apple has some really cool videos on their website about aperture - check them out.

It's a bit of cash, but trust me, you'll LOVE either one. Demo each and decide which you like better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.