Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
So, I've been trying to install Windows using boot camp but no luck. When I have the Win10 iso on the mac's hdd boot camp tries to format the usb drive but fails. Time and again. So I have no idea what to do.

However, I also have a win10 bottable usb. And I placed it in a usb port, rebooted the mac holding down the Option key and I'm presented with this: (I've tried every password I can think of-firmware,mac,firevault- and it won't unlock.

8EnGhh6.jpg

I have tried the macs firmware password, the

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
It definitely the firmware password screen.

Just a guess, but I have heard of people having problems inputting the firmware password correctly using a BT keyboard.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
It definitely the firmware password screen.

Just a guess, but I have heard of people having problems inputting the firmware password correctly using a BT keyboard.
Yup, you were correct.Damn bluetooth keyboard, I just used my wireless keyboard and it worked fine. This was the first time I've ever set the firmware password on any mac. I always saw it as a hassle. I guess it's a mother layer of security.

Reactions: CoastalOR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.