Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aroen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2021
I am considering buying a Mac Mini 2021, but am aware I will have trouble finding the right screen.

Screen-wish:

- 27´
- Camera
- Perfect for text (not blurry and with good brightness and colours)
- Max $750

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Look for the highest pixel density you can afford. Mac OS now looks horrible on low res screens (it didn't used to a long time ago)

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
It would be helpful if you mentioned what you plan to do with your Mac Mini. There are differences between monitors fo gaming, graphic/photo work and general usage.

I have a Benq PD2700U that works reasonably well and at full 60hrtz. I say reasonably in that a couple of times there were glitches. However, we are talking about the entire life of the M1 Mini to date.

Challenges appear to not only be about the specific monitors but how they are connected and if they are in combination with other monitors also connected.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
I've been doing similar research for the next M-chip Mac Mini, and haven't found a good all-in-one solution with good reviews on Rtings.com.

You're probably better off buying a monitor like the 4K LG UN880B or LG BL85U, then attaching a webcam like the Logi C925e. At the end of the day you'll be right around $750 after tax, and you'll have more ports to use thanks to the monitor.

By the way you spelled "colors" I'm guessing you're not in the US, so your options may differ as far as LG monitors go. Hopefully a similar 4K monitor is available where you live.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.