Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
So in a couple weeks we might know more about availability --but if the new 8/edition takes a couple months to be in stock, by then I could pay about $300 to own my leased 7. Sprint probably won't give me anything but writing off my balance if I trade it in... so do you think I would have any chance of selling it myself for more than $300 ? Or if I want to get a new phone just trade it in. I can't justify keeping it for a backup even though I'd like to.

Reactions: violetjune

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So in a couple weeks we might know more about availability --but if the new 8/edition takes a couple months to be in stock, by then I could pay about $300 to own my leased 7. Sprint probably won't give me anything but writing off my balance if I trade it in... so do you think I would have any chance of selling it myself for more than $300 ? Or if I want to get a new phone just trade it in. I can't justify keeping it for a backup even though I'd like to.

I would refer you to Swappa (Online reseller) and see what your device would sell for in comparison to other models. It Will at least give you an idea of what to expect when you go to resell it.

Reactions: timeconsumer

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
I would refer you to Swappa (Online reseller) and see what your device would sell for in comparison to other models. It Will at least give you an idea of what to expect when you go to resell it.
I'm asking here/now because folks here are often a good source. That site won't tell me what it *might* or should be worth after the announcement. I could upgrade if I wanted but I don't want to hand back a phone that I've nearly paid for, and could keep... IF it's likely worth more. I'm asking for opinions but I'm sure they are out there ;) I'm not experienced.. will the price I can get for it drop like a rock in 3 weeks? I wouldn't mind trading it in if I had more payments remaining but sounds like if I don't preorder I'm going to sit here a couple more payments.
I'll go check swappa.. thanks I've never heard of it but still leaves me wondering:)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I'm asking here/now because folks here are often a good source. That site won't tell me what it *might* or should be worth after the announcement. I could upgrade if I wanted but I don't want to hand back a phone that I've nearly paid for, and could keep... IF it's likely worth more. I'm asking for opinions but I'm sure they are out there ;) I'm not experienced.. will the price I can get for it drop like a rock in 3 weeks? I wouldn't mind trading it in if I had more payments remaining but sounds like if I don't preorder I'm going to sit here a couple more payments.
I'll go check swappa.. thanks I've never heard of it but still leaves me wondering:)

Understandable. The only reason I would refer you to them, is it is a good site to see in comparison of last-minute what your device could be worth. There is no telling what your device will be worth after the keynote essentially, because the keynote hasn't arrived to determine pricing yet based off the new models. And then you have to factor in the used market for iPhones That will be completely saturated everywhere because of the new iPhone being launched, which everybody will likely want. But the current iPhone 7 models will likely drop $100 once once the new iPhones are announced, At least based off traditional pricing In years past. But I wish you luck and hope Your able to sell it for what you want.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Understandable. The only reason I would refer you to them, is it is a good site to see in comparison of last-minute what your device could be worth. There is no telling what your device will be worth after the keynote essentially, because the keynote hasn't arrived to determine pricing yet based off the new models. And then you have to factor in the used market for iPhones That will be completely saturated everywhere because of the new iPhone being launched, which everybody will likely want. But the current iPhone 7 models will likely drop $100 once once the new iPhones are announced, At least based off traditional pricing In years past. But I wish you luck and hope Your able to sell it for what you want.
I just went there.. very cool and helpful!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
You can get a 32GB 7 Plus for around $485; 32GB iPhone 7 for $439; $128GB iPhone 7 for $489; and a 128GB iPhone 7 Plus for around $550ish as of now.

Reactions: Laryl

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
You can get a 32GB 7 Plus for around $485; 32GB iPhone 7 for $439; $128GB iPhone 7 for $489; and a 128GB iPhone 7 Plus for around $550ish as of now.
Thanks
So considering market getting flooded, another $100 drop at the very least, I'm wondering what to do over a hundred bucks difference. I wish the upgrade programs (with sprint) were more fair. Trading in a phone I've nearly paid for irks me.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I wish the upgrade programs (with sprint) were more fair. Trading in a phone I've nearly paid for irks me.
Shouldn't you still have around $434.50 ($869 * 50%) outstanding balance with Sprint or something? Personally, this is why I'm on the carrier upgrade program. So I have options come upgrade time even if I've never actually taken them up on that early upgrade offer.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Shouldn't you still have around $434.50 ($869 * 50%) outstanding balance with Sprint or something? Personally, this is why I'm on the carrier upgrade program. So I have options come upgrade time even if I've never actually taken them up on that early upgrade offer.
Yes but my sept payment will be made already and if supply is limited I'll get stuck making oct payment. So that leaves me with $320 balance to own.

Beenblacklisted

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
Miami,Fl
these are prices for locked phones. If you want the phone unlocked so you can put any carrier in, the price goes up roughly $60 dollars

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.