Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cantina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Hi all,

I'd like to get myself a 2540x1440 IPS monitor 27inches, and importantly with eye care technology, to work with my mid 2013 MacBook Air. Im not into tech and I wonder if any monitor today would work well or I should rather look for specific brands and or specs.
Also, if anyone has some recommendations on monitors with such specs, I'll appreciate them as well.
Many many thanks un advance!

Rockadile

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
Hi all,

I'd like to get myself a 2540x1440 IPS monitor 27inches, and importantly with eye care technology, to work with my mid 2013 MacBook Air. Im not into tech and I wonder if any monitor today would work well or I should rather look for specific brands and or specs.
Also, if anyone has some recommendations on monitors with such specs, I'll appreciate them as well.
Many many thanks un advance!
You first need to have a Thunderbolt adapter or dock with HDMI, Displayport, or DVI. Your Thunderbolt port will be used for the monitor.

Next is your monitor budget. It can range from $300-$2500 for 1440p 27" IPS. Anything over $500 is more for content creators with color accurate needs.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Just about any monitor will do -- it's the right connections that count.

I would recommend an IPS-based display -- higher quality screen.

A good place to browse in your search:
IPS Monitor List: Best AHVA, PLS & IPS LCD Displays

One other thought:
2540x1440 (1440p) on a 27" display is going to result in a rather small pixel size. How's your vision?
If 1440p is the resolution you want, you might consider a 32" display instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: TokMok3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.