Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
A friend of mine had some App for his iPhone which took arty photos so I've been fiddling with iPhoto and Photoshop Elements to make my photos a bit more contrasty/tinted etc. and generally a bit more 'interesting' but don't really like the results I'm getting.

Are there any photography applications that offer some semi-automated photo touching?

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
A friend of mine had some App for his iPhone which took arty photos so I've been fiddling with iPhoto and Photoshop Elements to make my photos a bit more contrasty/tinted etc. and generally a bit more 'interesting' but don't really like the results I'm getting.

Are there any photography applications that offer some semi-automated photo touching?

http://www.hdrsoft.com

I suggest maxing out all the sliders; that will give you the most 'arty' look possible.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
lol

LOL
+a million points to edge100

I just had to see this thread when I read the title.

your photoshop is probably too old. Get CS4, its is alot more artier.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Try making a soluble emulsion with some water color paint added. Then make your own paper by coating rag stock with it. Expose it to a Kodalith negative in a high-power light source and rinse it gently with water. At least it worked for me in the '70s.

Kidding set aside, I suggest first learning to take photos that stand on their own, then play with editing in something like PhotoShop or GIMP. The later is free.

Dale

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Ok. Thanks everyone. I think.

What I meant is, is there a more effective version of the 'effects' in iPhoto which are all a bit crap.

I've attached something I could personally do in CS4 (and yes, I do have CS4) but can't be bothered. I was wondering if there's a program where I can chuck a load of photos in and it'll apply various, random effects which don't require much of my time.

Much like the iPhone app I mentioned in my first post.

Attachments

• seascene.jpg
    seascene.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 95

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I'm not sure about random effects like you want. You can set up Actions in PhotoShop, but that only applies pre-set changes to a batch of photos.

Please take our kidding at face value. We mean no harm..usually ;)

Dale

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Ok. Thanks everyone. I think.

What I meant is, is there a more effective version of the 'effects' in iPhoto which are all a bit crap.

I've attached something I could personally do in CS4 (and yes, I do have CS4) but can't be bothered. I was wondering if there's a program where I can chuck a load of photos in and it'll apply various, random effects which don't require much of my time.

Much like the iPhone app I mentioned in my first post.

The iPhone app is likely PS Mobile. Adobe released PS Mobile for the iPhone and iPod touch that can apply filters like the picture you showed. I don't think it batch processes well though.

To create semi-random effects, you could make a few scripts (actions?) for CS4 and by applying them in different orders you will get different effects. I can't see random effects having a positive effect on your photographs, but if that's what you like, this should create something quickly.

If you have Lightroom, you may be able to mess with the sidecar files to change the pictures. I have never looked in them to see what the formatting is like, but if it is text based, just change a few numbers in the file and see what you get out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.