Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimmyDThing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
My girlfriend is getting a Digital Camera for Christmas. It's the 7.1 Megapixel Olympus FE-230 and it takes an XD Type M memory card.

My question is... should I get her a 1GB card or just spend an extra 10 an get her 2GBs? About how many pictures will fit on 1GB, that might make it easier for me to decide.

Thanks!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
My girlfriend is getting a Digital Camera for Christmas. It's the 7.1 Megapixel Olympus FE-230 and it takes an XD Type M memory card.

My question is... should I get her a 1GB card or just spend an extra 10 an get her 2GBs? About how many pictures will fit on 1GB, that might make it easier for me to decide.

Thanks!

The specs of the camera should be online somewhere. Go look them up and give the file sizes that are produced by the camera. I don't know off the top of my head how large the files will be, alot of things factor into that. However, my rule of thumb is if $10 more gets you 2gb then there is really no question, get her the 2gb. It's really only $10.

JimmyDThing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
The specs of the camera should be online somewhere. Go look them up and give the file sizes that are produced by the camera. I don't know off the top of my head how large the files will be, alot of things factor into that. However, my rule of thumb is if $10 more gets you 2gb then there is really no question, get her the 2gb. It's really only $10.

Yeah, good point... thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.