Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmike47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
On the road
Hi, just wondering what everyone uses for scanning photos onto the Mac. I've used an HP package that came with my all-in-one, but it's very temperamental and doesn't appear to be working with Leopard at all. Thanks in advance :)

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
Hey there,

I had the exact same issue as. My HP all-in-one works fine for printing, but I couldn't load the software in Leopard for scanning.

I downloaded VueScan and it works great out of the box (or digital package, if you will). I am still enjoying the free trial which places a watermark on each image. I will likely buy a serial for $39.95 and call it a day - unless HP releases an update that works with Leopard.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
I use VueScan too. It takes some getting used to and you have to pay for it but at least you don't have to dig through the Finder to get to it like the ones made by HP.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi,

I use Lasersoft...developed right in your backyard i believe.

FANTASTIC software for removing dust/damage PRIOR to scanning as well as other adjustments. not sure if it's leopard ready though. yet to install it on this machine.

well, well worth the money. any corrections done before scanning is a huge improvement on post scanning where you need to use parts of the photograph to rebuild the damaged areas.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Try using Image Capture before you go out and spend money on software. It's under your Apps folder, and it's what I use for flat-bed scans.

I bought ViewScan last month, partly due to the fact that Image Capture wouldn't work with a Coolscan film scanner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.