Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gianluca28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
Hello to everyone,
Im very glad to be on this amazing community...thanks for everyone that help me to understand...
I need to know, when the new macbook pro 2016 will be arriving, what will happened to today`s model??
generally the strategy of Apple when come a new model what is??(I really like the today model pro, but dont want to skip the new improvement of new model...)
because Im really interested in compare the macbook pro 2015 with new model of macbook pro....do you think that they erase is from the store or I can buy still the old model???
hope anyone could help me, because Im really unsure to wait to compare or buy right now the odiern macbook pro...as well as the old macbook pro has the same cost of macbook 2016 but is more powerfull as CPU and GPU.
So do you think that they gonna retire the macbook pro of today when the new macbook pro 2016 will be arrived??
How is them politics for that?
thank you very much.
cheers.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Older models will either:

a) Still be sold as new but at a lower price
b) No longer be sold unless refurbished models

Nobody knows really. Apple are still selling the 13" 2012 cMBP, as an example. Can't say with any certainty either way.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
what will happened to today`s model??
In the past, apple put them in the refurb store with a nice discount, I also you can find better discounts at places like macmall.com. I recall seeing some better sales of prior generation models over there.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
When the new models arrive (sometime September or October would be the best guess for when but who knows) then Apple will no longer sell the current models I would guess, or at least that has been their modus operandi so far (with the exception of the 2012 MBP Classic 13 inch).

Of course older models may well be available new from other vendors at a discount Rosie time after the release of the new machines. Or they may be more expensive if Apple strip out all the ports for USBC/TB3 ones, then the older models may become very sought after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.