Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I see at least six things that might be considered out of place...;)

And, there are two Powerbooks/MBPs in the picture!

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
Heh. Last winter olympics there was a camera pit completely decked out in Nikon banners. . . all yellow. . . which was completely filled with Canon shooters.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I felt a little weird sitting at Fenway Park with a 300mm lens strapped on...:p

I gave my camera (with neck strap) to a friend who wanted to play around. She took this shot as a joke, but it had far more meaning than she ever could have realized!

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
carletonmusic said:
I see at least six things that might be considered out of place...;)
Is one of them that lady in blue;)

Why would Nikon advertise there? I mean, sure, it may convince a few people that everyone in there is using a Nikon... But why would that convince people that a P&S would be just as effective as those professional level?

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Nikon ads are ALL over the stadium. A guy walks around with a D50 and takes photos of everyone who asks, then hands them a slip of paper that shows where they can view the shots on redsox.com (eventually takes you here.) Kinda neat!

Nothing against Nikon at all here, I'm just saying it's a funny shot.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
That actually is a pretty cool idea!

And I'm not saying they're bad, I just feel they could use their advertising money better... But maybe that's why they're paid to do what they do and I'm paying to be educated.:confused:

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
According to the industry insider, Canon has such a strong brand and market position that it just sets up the camera market and the rest of the camera makers just follow Canon to keep up with the market. I know this is a generalized take at this but I think there is a truth to that. I think Canon does not have to out-bit Nikon on that ad spot as it is very apparent by looking at that picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.