Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Favorite OS for iPhone 2G?

• iOS 3

• Whited00r

• iOS 2

• iOS 1

Results are only viewable after voting.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Original iPhone/2G owners, what do you prefer: iOS 3 or Whited00r? I like both but personally use iOS 3 because it's so much more stable. But Whites00r has ATM (App Time Machine) and some other features. I've found that in Whited00r the camera app distorts the image and YouTube can't play in Safari like in iOS 3. What's your opinion?

Update:
Added iOS 1 and 2 to the poll.

Last edited:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
iOS 2.1.2. It was one of the cleanest versions of iOS ever made. Still had bugs, but the GUI was very nicely lined up and laid out.

Reactions: AmazingHenry

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
I really don't like Whited00r. At the moment, I am running it, but that will be changed right after I finish this post. I just tried it for a week, and it has so many bugs and constant resprings. I even found a bypass into the system that lets you get into the last used app without a passcode. The only reason I use it is App Time Machine, which lets you get older versions of apps. You can't get that on 3.1.3.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2015
Any chance you've managed to get the Twitter app working on your phone? I have a 3GS with iOS 5 on it but the app won't load tweets when running the latest version of the app it supports.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2015
Ok thought that would probably be it, I'll use the Safari edition instead then. Oddly enough it worked fairly recently. I've only had my 3GS back for about 11 months but I could swear I'd used the app successfully on it. I just need a case before I can use it occasionally (as you might imagine it's easier than carrying my 6S Plus around sometimes). Thanks!

Reactions: AmazingHenry
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.