Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulchiu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
Planning to buy another iPad Pro 2 256GB WiFi + Cellular in gold.
Does anyone knows when the anticipated Apple iPad Pro 2 Event is?
(In the last 2 years, the date was already announced by now.....)

With the new iPad Pro ads being broadcasted daily, does this augur a delay of new iPad Pros?

In the event new iPad Pro 2 12.9 are announced when my order for the older iPad Pro 12.9 is still delayed, do I have a choice to change my order to the new model?

Thank you all.

Nintendo64

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011

With the new iPad Pro ads being broadcasted daily, does this augur a delay of new iPad Pros?

In the event new iPad Pro 2 12.9 are announced when my order for the older iPad Pro 12.9 is still delayed, do I have a choice to change my order to the new model?

Thank you all.

No one knows for sure. We won't get an exact date until the invitations roll out, but Apple typically holds an event in March. If you buy from Apple you have 14 days to return for any reason. So if you buy now, you could simply return when we get an announcement.

Reactions: paulchiu

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
If there's a March event, invitations should come next week.

But they can always just release stuff without an event, perhaps in April.

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
If there's a March event, invitations should come next week.

But they can always just release stuff without an event, perhaps in April.
If there is no event with the release, I think then there will just be a spec bump.

If there is an event, we can expect to see many wonderful things...

I'm betting on seeing the invites go out tomorrow for an event on the 14th, but since I typed it in, there will probably not be one.

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
I am interested to see what the 12.9 iPad Pro 2 will have to offer but i will wait to pay off the OG version 1st it has a lot of power

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
If the event is in March the invites will get sent out 1 week before hand. If new iPads are announced, I wouldn't expect them to be available until around April or maybe even later (there has been a report saying May - June time).

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
If the event is in March the invites will get sent out 1 week before hand. If new iPads are announced, I wouldn't expect them to be available until around April or maybe even later (there has been a report saying May - June time).
My biggest issue with the May-June timeframe rumor is it comes from DigiTimes. They already said earlier in the year that shipments wouldn't start until the second half(July-December) of the year. They seem to be just throwing everything they got out there in hopes of getting it right. They have a poor record when it comes to Apple rumors.

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
My biggest issue with the May-June timeframe rumor is it comes from DigiTimes. They already said earlier in the year that shipments wouldn't start until the second half(July-December) of the year. They seem to be just throwing everything they got out there in hopes of getting it right. They have a poor record when it comes to Apple rumors.

True, I'm hoping it will be later this month that we get the event followed by the iPad's being release a couple of weeks later. There's still a good chance that Apple will send invites out soon.

Reactions: Jnesbitt82

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Since they didn't go out today, I think you may be on to something with an April Apple Campus Event.

Tagline: Come see what's new around here.

there's still plenty of time, they could send invites out next week, they don't usually send invites out until the week before anyway, still plenty of time people.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I hope the event is this month. That's what most of the rumors are saying. But the fact that there have been ZERO picture leaks of any of the new iPads so far may also lend credence to the rumors that the new iPads will be delayed.

Like everyone else, I'm just waiting. Definitely want to upgrade my iPad mini 2 to one of the new pros.

Hopefully that will be later this month.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Last year was on March 21st if memory serves me right. So I'm thinking it will happen that week this year from March 20th to the 24th.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
There is still plenty of time for them to announce the event, they usually do so a week before so they could still send out invites next week.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
Guess new iPads will arrive very soon. In Germany and in Denmark stores can't get any new deliveres at the moment. So most of the models are out of stock. Normally that means something new is coming.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Guess new iPads will arrive very soon. In Germany and in Denmark stores can't get any new deliveres at the moment. So most of the models are out of stock. Normally that means something new is coming.

Supply could just be tight, Apple will likely send out press invites either this week or next week. Likely we will see iPad updates but nothing major that's why we haven't seen any new part leaks. The buggiest change might be on the 10.5" iPad Pro with reduced or no bezels.

KLanceVail

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2017

Thank you all.
The last 2 IPad Pro 12.9 I have used have become warped one at 13 months and the other at 5 months. I don't know if I'll give Apple another shot at me. Looking at the new Microsoft surface.

Reactions: AttilaTheHun

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
The last 2 IPad Pro 12.9 I have used have become warped one at 13 months and the other at 5 months. I don't know if I'll give Apple another shot at me. Looking at the new Microsoft surface.

You are right tablet from Apple is only a tablet it has pluses and minuses the Microsoft surface it a tablet computer, not that I don't like Tablet but we are using still the iPad 2 it slow but for what it used it still OK no reason to spend so much money for that,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.