Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miles0812

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2022
Saw the news from Forbes saying it would be around Oct 18....

Anyone who has any idea?

davehb

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2021
The Apple Education store in the UK has an £80 'back to school' discount on iPads until the 17th. I'd been hoping that the new one is available for pre-order before then, but it's hard not to assume now that it won't be...

Reactions: Zahl0s

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
You know it is possible that Apple hold an event in November and launch the new models. I think they’ve had November events before?

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
Back to School ends on the 17th, so no earlier than that. So 18th is a possibility but I’m edging more towards 24-24th announcement with availability from the following week, or possibly same day but Apple haven’t done a “and it’s available in store from today” kind of announcement for years… I don’t think?

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Probably the same week iPadOS 16 releases. Last week of October. Press release around the time of the earnings call.

Reactions: hjb

Haust

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2011
Considering getting a 2021 just in case the new pins require a new magic keyboard. I really don’t want to buy another one and Amazon prices are $200 off right now. What to do!

I think they are going to make it so the iPad can be used on the new magic keyboard in portrait mode while the other set will accommodate the MagSafe leaving the UBC open for use.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
...I think they are going to make it so the iPad can be used on the new magic keyboard in portrait mode while the other set will accommodate the MagSafe leaving the UBC open for use.
Having the MK support portrait almost guarantees that its port will be TB-3/4 for external displays because there will be no good way to plug the iPad in. But that would require a redesign because a vertical iPad will be more top-heavy.

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
I'd wait to see what the 2022 models are the 2021 models will still be cheaper to get rid of old stock

Haust

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2011
I'd wait to see what the 2022 models are the 2021 models will still be cheaper to get rid of old stock
For some reason once the new ones come out, the stock of the old ones seems to vanish and the sales don’t seem to be there anymore. I think Apple makes arrangements for this to be the case.

The day the iPhone 14 came out I tried to buy a 13 Pro Max in Miami. I was told they had 1 green 1tb model. They check other stores and there was only one other one available at another store. They disappear.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
For some reason once the new ones come out, the stock of the old ones seems to vanish and the sales don’t seem to be there anymore. I think Apple makes arrangements for this to be the case.

The day the iPhone 14 came out I tried to buy a 13 Pro Max in Miami. I was told they had 1 green 1tb model. They check other stores and there was only one other one available at another store. They disappear.
This is typically the case direct from Apple, but they’ll be available through most third party sellers whilst stocks last.

Reactions: Haust

Haust

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2011
They’ll be here well before Christmas for sure. I think it’ll be 1-2 weeks after the school event ends.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I'm not even in the market for a new iPad or anything else right now, but I'm really anxious to see what they've done with the standard base model. If it's redesigned, I'd love to see some nods to the original. Thinner of course, but they could do a throwback somehow I'm sure. Kind of like how the new MacBook Pro looks sort of like the old titanium ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.