Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingOC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2024
When will pre ordering start for iphone 16 if event is september 9th? Reason i ask and need to know so I can take a day off from work to make sure I can get a iphone 16. I don't know how supply / demand will be.

Thanks

KingOC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2024
Its pretty much always the Friday after the event at 5am PT (used to be Midnight PT). So 9/13; 5am PT.
so will pre orders start on 13th and be also officially released on 9/13? Or no the release comes after 9/13? IF my question makes sense. Meaning will i be able to buy and get the device on 9/13/24 at a apple store? have it in my hands on 9/13?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Likely not. If I remember correctly, last year pre-orders began on Friday after the announcement, and deliveries began the following Friday. That's why it's called "pre-ordering".

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
so will pre orders start on 13th and be also officially released on 9/13? Or no the release comes after 9/13? IF my question makes sense. Meaning will i be able to buy and get the device on 9/13/24 at a apple store? have it in my hands on 9/13?
If it follows every other year, pre-orders will be 9/13 with launch on 9/20.

Not sure if I am following your question. A pre-order is when you can order in advance of the launch day. If you were expecting to get it the same day as a pre-order, it wouldnt be a pre-order.

Reactions: brucemr

KingOC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2024
If it follows every other year, pre-orders will be 9/13 with launch on 9/20.

Not sure if I am following your question. A pre-order is when you can order in advance of the launch day. If you were expecting to get it the same day as a pre-order, it wouldnt be a pre-order.
ok so pre orders start on 9/13 and getting the actual device is 9/20

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
When’s the best time to get off the 18.0 beta train? I’m asking in relation to when I upgrade devices I don’t want issues. Thanks
The RC is going to be released 9/9 after the event. So technically speaking, that will be the final release absent any emergencies. But in any event, 18.0 should be publicly released on 9/17; the Tuesday before release date. So at that point, you will be able to update to 18.0 and join the public release cycle for your new phone. If you are on 18.1, then you will be stuck on the beta train until that is released, which means you will need to update your new phone to 18.1 before you can restore your backup.

Reactions: Fred Zed

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
When will pre ordering start for iphone 16 if event is september 9th? Reason i ask and need to know so I can take a day off from work to make sure I can get a iphone 16. I don't know how supply / demand will be.

Thanks
Depending on what time zone you live in, there’s very little reason to take a day off just to preorder. I’m usually done within 5 minutes after pre-order is live. Just make sure you favorite the configuration that you want and have correct payment/address the night before on your account. Have CVV code handy when you’re pre-ordering. If you’re not using Apple Pay, it will ask you to verify it.

If in-store pick-up is available, I usually go that route and pick it up as early as possible on the release day. Then there’s no waiting for the package to be delivered.

KingOC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2024
Depending on what time zone you live in, there’s very little reason to take a day off just to preorder. I’m usually done within 5 minutes after pre-order is live. Just make sure you favorite the configuration that you want and have correct payment/address the night before on your account. Have CVV code handy when you’re pre-ordering. If you’re not using Apple Pay, it will ask you to verify it.

If in-store pick-up is available, I usually go that route and pick it up as early as possible on the release day. Then there’s no waiting for the package to be delivered.
Wait so Apple.com has u make ur own account. How do I do that now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.