Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Mercurian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Just turned on Siri for first time. Don't seem to have the accent and gender options the internet tells me should be there. I have no Siri voice options. I have language options which will change the accent but doesn't have a gender option. I'm on iOS10.2.1. What gives and how do I fix it to have the 'Voice options' menu ?

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
Not all language/dialect pairs have multiple voices available. Once you select a language/dialect using Settings > Siri > Language, then Settings > Siri > Siri Voice becomes available if the language/dialect has more than one voice option.

For example, Chinese (Mandarin - China) has two voice options and so that section appears on the main Siri settings screen, while Chinese (Mandarin - Taiwan) has no selectable voices, so the section doesn't appear.

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
Happy to help! Similarly there are many voice options for each language in Accessibility > Speech if you need those features (along with Enhanced versions too, which take up more space but are higher quality).

Reactions: The Mercurian
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.