Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arctyler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
I'm going to look at a used 13" macbook pro retina tonight, and the guy says he doesnt have a cord with it, and i figured thats fine, i already have a cord for my old macbook, but after some research i realized that the macbook pro retina has a magsafe 2 instead, now i'm stuck, does anyone know if walmart sells these adaptors or who would have one besides the apple store since it is about 45 minutes away? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Best Buy or any other big box electronics retailer should carry it if they carry other Mac stuff. I don't think Walmart carries it in the stores.

Dovahkiing

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2013
Apple makes a magesafe-to-magsafe 2 adapter that's a lot cheaper at only $10. I'd consider it if I were you. You can pick that up at at the same places you can get the whole adapter.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Apple makes a magesafe-to-magsafe 2 adapter that's a lot cheaper at only $10. I'd consider it if I were you. You can pick that up at at the same places you can get the whole adapter.

I think that's what the OP was referring to...also keep in mind that your current adapter should be 65W or higher to properly charge your battery and run the computer. The 45W one is for MacBook Airs and will work in a pinch, but not recommended.

arctyler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
I think that's what the OP was referring to...also keep in mind that your current adapter should be 65W or higher to properly charge your battery and run the computer. The 45W one is for MacBook Airs and will work in a pinch, but not recommended.

thats what i got, a 65w cord, just need a magsafe 2 adapter, I didnt look at it tonight because I had a class that went on till 11 at night, and Im checking it out tomorrow so ill try to stop by best buy since i have a gift card and get one and if not theres a apple store in the same mall.

By the way, you won't believe the price I'm paying for this, I had a wanted ad up for a macbook and the guy contacted me, and he said he has to pay for vet bills, he wanted $750, got him down to $550, so overall hopefully its a good buy, its a MBP Retina 13" 128 gb SSD, 4gb RAM, only about a month and a half old

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
By the way, you won't believe the price I'm paying for this, I had a wanted ad up for a macbook and the guy contacted me, and he said he has to pay for vet bills, he wanted $750, got him down to $550, so overall hopefully its a good buy, its a MBP Retina 13" 128 gb SSD, 4gb RAM, only about a month and a half old

Sounds like a stolen device.

Low price, no power cord... did you at least get a clean OS install (or did you not bother checking that either).

arctyler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
Sounds like a stolen device.

Low price, no power cord... did you at least get a clean OS install (or did you not bother checking that either).

I didn't buy it just yet, and what do you mean a clean OS install, like restored? If so, yes, it's restored

Edit: He must have a cord somewhere because he said he is going to restore it to remove all of his stuff, and what not. While he also said there's still a charge in it, I believe it was 20% he said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.