Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
I want to buy a Lumix DMC-LX3, don't care if it's black or silver - BUT FOR A REASONABLE PRICE! I see them going for almost $600 when you could buy them for under $400 just a few months ago.

Anyone have any leads? I've looked, but the best I've seen so far are from Dell.com for $429 + tax which comes to some $470 or so which is acceptable, EXCEPT it's Dell.com, and they don't have it in stock, so what they do is hold onto your money for weeks on end and then it's a hassle to cancel the order. I hate dealing with Dell - basically, they waste your time and don't deliver.

Sooooo... where can I get a new non-gray market DMC-LX3 for under $500 including everything (tax, shipping etc.)?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Did you search the Marketplace forum here? I thought I saw one recently.

davegregory

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
Burlington, Ontario

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
Thanks for the replies. Let me stress that I'm looking for a new one (so marketplace is prolly out) and not gray market (so Canada and non-US is out).

It's shocking how hard it is to get - from what I understand Panasonic sold out of their early production, and the new production that's coming soon will be sold for a higher price due to currency exchange issues (way weak dollar). And there is no LX4 until late 2010 at the earliest.

I may have to skip it - sad as I am about that, but sorry, I'm not paying $600 for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.