Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
I need a 45mm by 35mm headshot printed. My application for a study abroad application requires 6 pictures, printed on high quality paper to the above specifications. However, the local services here (Target and CVS) seem to only print to the typical 4X6 or 5X7 etc. Are there online services that will do this? Or will CVS or Target be able to if I ask? Or should I get a passport photo and cut it myself to the above specifications? Thank you!

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Doesn't hurt to ask. You could always call mpix.com and see what they can do

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
You could make an "artificial" 4x6 sheet in something like Photoshop/Corel/GIMP @ 300DPI or what ever the 45x35mm is and fill it with a few those that way you keep the 45mm x 35mm size u want and u can print at the standard 4x6 or 5x7 sizes Target/CVS can print.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Find a passport photo place and be done with it.

US passport photos are 51mm by 51mm .... so a little trimming may be required.

Or, take your own photo and print on photo paper at home. Use the US passport photo guidelines.

What works for them will likely be good enough for a student visa.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
For my Australian Passport I needed to do a different size to the US standard, as I live in the US no one does it, so went to Kinkos, at a quiet time and worked with them a bit to get something as close as possible and then trimmed it to size.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I need a 45mm by 35mm headshot printed. My application for a study abroad application requires 6 pictures, printed on high quality paper to the above specifications. However, the local services here (Target and CVS) seem to only print to the typical 4X6 or 5X7 etc.

What I've done is have the 4x6 print made and then cut it down to size with scissors. You do have to plan out the shot carfully or re-size it with software. put it is cheap and easy to do. Even the profesional passport places do it that way. They make cookie cutter like stamps for trimming the prints

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.