Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raquiros

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Hello...

I'm an amateur photographer and recently switched to mac and I would like to take advantge of it's features such as it big capabilities for photo editing and I already have pictures ready to be commented and to get feedback... is there any forum for that?

Thank you very much :)

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Hello...

I'm an amateur photographer and recently switched to mac and I would like to take advantge of it's features such as it big capabilities for photo editing and I already have pictures ready to be commented and to get feedback... is there any forum for that?

Thank you very much :)
There are several ways to accomplish such:

1. Canon Photography forums if you use Canon cameras
2. Nikon photographers forums if you use Nikon
3. Independent forum such as "shooterfreaks.com"

raquiros

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
There's any forum on this website then? How does the picture of the day works?

Thank yu :):)

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
There's any forum on this website then? How does the picture of the day works?

Thank yu :):)

The "Photo of the Day" thread on this site is more for amusement and inspiration than for criticism and comments. People do comment and offer criticism, but only sporadically. (I think it's as interesting to see the photos as it is to see which photos elicit responses.) So if you just want to share your most recent shot and are at least open to criticism, then post it there by all means; but if you are specifically seeking criticism, then it's not the best outlet for you.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
The "Photo of the Day" thread on this site is more for amusement and inspiration than for criticism and comments. People do comment and offer criticism, but only sporadically. (I think it's as interesting to see the photos as it is to see which photos elicit responses.) So if you just want to share your most recent shot and are at least open to criticism, then post it there by all means; but if you are specifically seeking criticism, then it's not the best outlet for you.

You'll get C & C on the 'pic of the day' thread if you ask for it. ;)

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...also have a look at DP Challenge - it can be fun (and sometimes a bit of a "challenge") to come up with a photo to fit that weeks criteria, and it is always interesting to see the different interpretations of those criteria....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.