Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XoFu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
I've been trying to get a 15 MBP from the the refurb store.
All of them seem to be gone for the last 2-3 weeks. It probably means nothing,...
But it is really unusual and surprising.

XoFu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
Same here. I have the funds ready to go but nope... I may just go with an eBay buy this time.
Yap!
Ebay may have to do. But, I feel a bit uncorfotable spending 1.5 k and having not guarantee... Even top noch sellers may have a bad day.
It might be a sign to wait for sky-is-late....

BoneDaddy

Suspended
Jan 8, 2015
Texas
Yap!
Ebay may have to do. But, I feel a bit uncorfotable spending 1.5 k and having not guarantee... Even top noch sellers may have a bad day.

I've spent so many thousands of dollars on ebay and have had no serious problems. Every now and then you'll get a jerk, or someone who messed up, but a quick call to ebay takes care of it. I've bought a few macs off of ebay. I think I'll wait another week or two, then I'm gonna grab a 15 off of ebay.

XoFu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
I bought my Air on cragslist and have no problems.... I've owned it for almost 3 years now
I understand and I have bought macs off ebay before. It was always a calculated risk, much much cheaper than a 15 MBP from 2014 or 2015 which best case scenario starts from 1500 euros in the EU...
Besides the refurbs have a guarantee as good as new. For that kind of money I would rather be on the safe side, thats all. But 15 MBP are nowhere to be seen...

jmikhail490

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2015
Northern NJ
Has that ever been the case when a new update form apple is coming soon?

I just bought my 15" and if this possibly means something from apple Id rather return and wait a month or two max though as I really do need this machine asap

Thunderboltedge

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2014
Milan
Yap!
just writing from an eBay macbook 2014 and it is charm and with no issue at all, and a very good deal.
Nowadays you DO have guarantees on eBay, that is why you use Paypal to pay, because in this way you can return the item, question its quality and others.
And buying a new one you get the same 1 year protection you do have with a one bought in the apple Store.
So I definitely advice you for the eBay (of course it'll depend on what you choose, just select only paypal protected items and you'll be fine, and find out the top rated sellers too).

XoFu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
Has that ever been the case when a new update form apple is coming soon?
I have no idea, this is he first time I'm chasing a refurb 15....
The refurb shortage probably means nothing in terms of new machines. Others with a better knowledge of apple history could tell. The word around Mrumors is skylake will take a few months to see the light. But I do not know My crystall ball has not apple channel on it:(...
We'll see

XoFu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
just writing from an eBay macbook 2014 and it is charm and with no issue at all, and a very good deal.
Nowadays you DO have guarantees on eBay, that is why you use Paypal to pay, because in this way you can return the item, question its quality and others.
And buying a new one you get the same 1 year protection you do have with a one bought in the apple Store.
So I definitely advice you for the eBay (of course it'll depend on what you choose, just select only paypal protected items and you'll be fine, and find out the top rated sellers too).

I understand what you are saying and I always use paypal. But as you know everybody has stories to tell about ebay purchases. :(
Still I'm keeping an open eye on ebay. I now for a fact there are really honest sellers out there.
Cheers
X

XoFu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
I understand what you are saying and I always use paypal. But as you know everybody has stories to tell about ebay purchases. :(
Still I'm keeping an open eye on ebay. I now for a fact there are really honest sellers out there.
Cheers
X
closed as there is another thread with the exac same subject which i did not see...apologies

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.