Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Amazon is cheaper, but I also like the fact of seeing it before buying it, and the warranty of BestBuy is very good.

I have ordered from amazon, but not sure if I should order a camera from them. What would you recommend me?

Thanks,

EDIT: What else would you recommend me to buy? An extra battery?

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I'm not from the USA, I'm from Mexico. So going to New York only for a camera isn't a good option.:)

But I have a house in the USA, so I could order online and have it shipped there.

ferchu in mex

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2006
mex-usa border
Best Buy great warranty!

mmmmmmmira.. los precios de BH son mas baras.. tambien esta.. Adorama.. etc.. esos lugares osn mas PRO, pero de un tiempo para aca la harantia en BestBuy esta bastante buena, asi que yo te recomendaria que compre alli.. cualquier cosa que le pase.. sera menos rollo que te den otra.. a un camarada le chafeo un lente q compro.. y con la garantia le dieron uno nuevoo.. asi que checa bien cual puede ser tu mejor opcion!

saludos!

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Können Sie ....

Oh nevermind!

Please respond to a thread in the language it started in. While many of us do speak other languages, it is customary to respond in the language the thread started in (unless it is a community topic regarding languages ;) ) . You can always show off your linguistic skills in a PM!

raptor96

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
RI
Können Sie ....

Oh nevermind!

Please respond to a thread in the language it started in. While many of us do speak other languages, it is customary to respond in the language the thread started in (unless it is a community topic regarding languages ;) ) . You can always show off your linguistic skills in a PM!

Harsh but I agree...I like to be able to read all the replies in a thread if I can read the 1st post :-D.

Now then: Je pense que....

Just kidding.

I would say that between the two go with Amazon, better customer service and just overall better. Best Buy is the devil. Add'ly if you can afford to, I'd buy from your local store. Lastly, if you live primarily in Mexico wouldn't it make sense to buy a Mexican cam, cuz otherwise if you have any warranty issues you'll have to mail it in in the US and have repairs etc sent to your US address. But this is only a concern if you don't go to your US address often. Good luck!

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
I'm not sure on the B&H return policy (so maybe you should look into it), but you can purchase from Amazon and know that they have a 30 day return policy. That way you get the good price and on the off chance you're unhappy, you can use the policy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.