Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipXpert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I want to buy the iPad Pro 9.7 128 with cellular on Verizon. Damage protection is important to me. I'm going to use my personal Amex plat card.

Where is the best place to buy it?

Thanks

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
All of those are reputable retailers. Whichever one has the best price, go with that one. Purchasing Apple Care will give you the protection you need. You will also have protection through your AMEX card. I believe Costco has the longest return period out of retailers you mentioned.

flighht2k5

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2016
I want to buy the iPad Pro 9.7 128 with cellular on Verizon. Damage protection is important to me. I'm going to use my personal Amex plat card.

Where is the best place to buy it?

Thanks
Don't use Verizon for damage protection. Use square trade.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I always use the Apple store because of their customer service. I've never had a problem with returns, exchanges or repairs with Apple Care.

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012
Costco is #1 in my book. Solid company with no hassle return policy (90 days) and double the warranty. Word of caution: forget Square Trade, biggest scam on the planet.

Kermit262

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Central Ohio
Costco is #1 in my book. Solid company with no hassle return policy (90 days) and double the warranty. Word of caution: forget Square Trade, biggest scam on the planet.
Costco does not double the warranty on iPads:

2nd YEAR WARRANTY
Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Computers* and Major Appliances† to 2 years from the date of purchase.
*Excluding Touchscreen Tablets.

LLAD225

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2018
[doublepost=1533478645][/doublepost]I am contemplating purchasing an apple watch. I have used square trade on two occasions in the past and have had a decent experience with it. Apple Store is across the street from a Costco. Is it better to buy from Costco or Apple Store?

kristalsoldier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2013
[doublepost=1533478645][/doublepost]I am contemplating purchasing an apple watch. I have used square trade on two occasions in the past and have had a decent experience with it. Apple Store is across the street from a Costco. Is it better to buy from Costco or Apple Store?
Well, it depends! Do you like the Apple carry bag, or the one from Costco? Price and service reputations may matter too as you decide.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Best Buy always adds .99 to the price - not that it is a big deal but if it is 999 elsewhere it will be 999.99 at best buy

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
But Best Buy also price matches...

You’re missing that the item *has* to be physically in stock at the opposing store in order for Best Buy to actually price match it, the exclusion is if the item is offered from Another online vendor or not in stock at the opposing store, Best Buy will _not_ match the price.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You’re missing that the item *has* to be physically in stock at the opposing store in order for Best Buy to actually price match it, the exclusion is if the item is offered from Another online vendor or not in stock at the opposing store, Best Buy will _not_ match the price.
Now you’re going into schemantics. If the other store you’re trying to price match doesn’t have the item in stock you won’t be buying from the other store either…

Besides I was only referring to the 99¢ added to the price. They’ll price match Apple.

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Another 2 year old necrothread resurrection, I shop price not the store, but if I need something quickly Best Buy. The price match guarantee lasts throughout your return period. For me that’s 45 days with Elite Plus.

Reactions: Agile55

xx22

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2017
Costco does not double the warranty on iPads:

2nd YEAR WARRANTY
Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Computers* and Major Appliances† to 2 years from the date of purchase.
*Excluding Touchscreen Tablets.

U r right! I forgot that tablet exclusion. But you still get a 90 day return period. When u buy a regular computer, as i just did (Dell xps 13 on sale) you get an awesome four year free warranty when u use their credit card, as i do, plus their useful concierge service.

Feller above said Square Trade is not good. Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at them for my new laptop .

The hell with Best Buy. I'd been shopping there for years and then last year I returned two minor items both in new condition with original packaging and receipt like a day or two after I bought them, and their sales people r always touting their return policy, so then on the second return receipt it said I've been banned from returning anything else to Best Buy for one year. I'm not the only one. You can Google banned by Best Buy and their flunky dummy corporation partner that they use to do the banning . they tell some people that they've been banned retroactively so they can't even return the item they just bought! I hope they go out of business. There's a thread about it on here too.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Another 2 year old necrothread resurrection, I shop price not the store, but if I need something quickly Best Buy. [snip]
Creates new thread, gets told to search. Revives old thread, gets crap for thread necro. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

I’m waiting to see who has the best Black Friday deals on the 2018 iPads before buying.

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Creates new thread, gets told to search. Revives old thread, gets crap for thread necro. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

I’m waiting to see who has the best Black Friday deals on the 2018 iPads before buying.
Poor Dude, feeling dumped on, though bonus point for using Buffalo Bill syntax from Silence of the Lambs. ;)

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
I don’t see why responding to an older discussion is a problem. Nobody is forced to participate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.