Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Hello,

I am looking to buy a frame for a 16x20 picture. I want the mat opening to be 16x20, so I probably need an 18x24 frame, and the frame has to be espresso. I like some of the frames on Pottery Barn, but, they are not large enough.

We looked around town today, but did not find anything that we liked. Anyone know of some good places to buy from online?

Thanks!

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Hello,

I am looking to buy a frame for a 16x20 picture. I want the mat opening to be 16x20, so I probably need an 18x24 frame, and the frame has to be espresso. I like some of the frames on Pottery Barn, but, they are not large enough.

We looked around town today, but did not find anything that we liked. Anyone know of some good places to buy from online?

Thanks!

If you can't find one in store then it may not be a generic size frame like 8x10 blah, blah, blah so you might have to get a custom frame which can cost tons of money haha. Call your local Michael's or Craft store to see if they have the size frame you are looking for, then if they are close then you won't have to pay shipping fees. Just hit up google and you will be rewarded haha

Here are a couple options:
Target
Allposters

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If you can't find one in store then it may not be a generic size frame like 8x10 blah, blah, blah so you might have to get a custom frame which can cost tons of money haha. Call your local Michael's or Craft store to see if they have the size frame you are looking for, then if they are close then you won't have to pay shipping fees. Just hit up google and you will be rewarded haha

Here are a couple options:
Target
Allposters

Dude I hope you are mildly kidding.

nospleen Despite a recent screw up with my shipping address (which was probably really my fault) I swear by American Frame.

Their prices are very fair, cut mats cost next to nothing compared to Aaron Brothers, Michael's, and various craft-like stores, and they have no minimum order. You choose your mat, your foam core (if you want), your frame, your sizes. An amazing company. However, I have noticed they will take a good couple of days to ship especially if you're ordering custom-cut mats. To compare, I spent about $30 on 4 custom cut mats (16x20 with small openings), one full frame set (16x24) with UV plexi, archival foam core, a matte black metal frame, mounting hardware for 5 frames. Aaron Brothers asked me for $30 for one cut mat, 12x18 opening in a 16x24 mat.

Bottom line is I have been bent over for mats in the past and in a bind (when I can't wait for shipping) I have had to pay. However, American Frame gets the majority of my business.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
Another vote for American Frame. I've used them many times and they have a really functional website. Their metal frames are fantastic.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
framesbymail.com

That is another option. I have a lot of odd size photo's that I have cropped in photoshop. You can basically get any size frame you want from them. You have to assemble the frame yourself (not hard at all), but they are not bad at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.