Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CalebEdenburn

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2022
Concord, NC
I'm planning on getting a new Silver M2 MacBook Air, but I'm not sure where to get it from- I saw a good deal on Amazon for $1,349 for a 8/8 Core machine with 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD, but the same thing from Apple is only $50 more, and if I buy during the Black Friday Shopping Event, the Apple website says I would get "up to" a $250 gift card, but doesn't elaborate as to what models are eligible, so I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance for the help.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
I would wait until the Apple BF is live and see how much gift card you would get.
I would imagine a fully maxed out model would give you the 250, so you should get 50-100.

Unless it was a big saving and/or same delivery time I would opt for Apple.

Reactions: CalebEdenburn

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
Excellent advice by MarkC426. Also, other retailers might have it on sale, possibly less than Amazon. Additionally, does it need to be the model with the M2 chip? I have a 13" MacBook Air, 8 gig of RAM and 256 gig SSD (enough storage for my purposes) with the M1 chip, and it is plenty fast enough. Good possibility the M1 model with 512 gig SSD will be on sale this coming week.

PS: This link indicates the gift card amount for the M1/M2 MacBook Air will be $150:

You'll need to scroll down to where it says "Best MacBook deals in Apple's Black Friday sale".

Last edited:

Chozun

Suspended
Nov 1, 2022
Although Amazon has an excellent return policy for something this expensive I would go with Apple. You have more options if there is a problem, such as going to a local Apple Store.
Also consider Best Buy. At times, they have good sales (and sometimes will match other retailers' prices).

Reactions: Misheemee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.