Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Looking for a cheap Windows 10 Pro license. Looking for a Retail copy. Not OEM

Any suggestions / tricks?

[ EDIT: Will use it on 2017 Macbook Pro 13" TB ]

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Not sure what you are looking for price wise, but Newegg sells it for $189. Not sure that you are going to find a legit copy for much less.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
I found that there are plethora of online resources where people are buying/selling licenses of Windows 10. I'm just unsure about whether there is any trick or discount program etc or not.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
I found that there are plethora of online resources where people are buying/selling licenses of Windows 10. I'm just unsure about whether there is any trick or discount program etc or not.

I would be cautious about buying from someone just selling it and they aren't a company of some sort. My concern is that I would get a key that is either bad or already in use. I tend to stick with known vendors when I buy software.

Reactions: Sovon Halder

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Amazon India sells the USB 3.0 installation media of Windows 10 for 13000INR. Seems too steep for what purpose I'll use windows for.

By the way.. let me ask something which might not be directly related to the opening post.

I read some threads online and saw it on a tech channel on youtube where the authors said that windows is going to be a subscription based service or going to be free soon. Is this correct ?

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Amazon India sells the USB 3.0 installation media of Windows 10 for 13000INR. Seems too steep for what purpose I'll use windows for.

By the way.. let me ask something which might not be directly related to the opening post.

I read some threads online and saw it on a tech channel on youtube where the authors said that windows is going to be a subscription based service or going to be free soon. Is this correct ?

That equates to about $201, so it is close to the price of $199 that Microsoft charges. Newegg offers it a little cheaper as they tend to buy in bulk and get a discount.

As far as I have heard and read, they are going to a subscription service for enterprise. Not sure what their plans for home users are but if they go that route, I will switch to linux.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.