Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yycguy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Morning,
I had to change my gmail password and now my iphone IOS 18 mail needs the new password but I can not find where to put it in. On the previous IOS when you are getting the mail it would ask you to put in the new password. I updated the new apple password app, there is no area in the mail app in settings, and I can not find any other place.

Can someone let me know where I can input the new password.

Thanks

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
Morning,
I had to change my gmail password and now my iphone IOS 18 mail needs the new password but I can not find where to put it in. On the previous IOS when you are getting the mail it would ask you to put in the new password. I updated the new apple password app, there is no area in the mail app in settings, and I can not find any other place.

Can someone let me know where I can input the new password.

Thanks
I thought it was in the main settings, under the Mail app’s accounts. I’ve not got mine hooked up to that currently, so I cannot check myself.

JSBJr

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2024
Should be in Settings > Apps (at the very bottom) > Mail > select your Gmail account there > overwrite the previous password?
I went there but saw nothing that indicates where a password can be updated

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Gmail (and in turn Mail app) uses OAuth authentication, so no password field to update.

Mail should give you a warning about failed login when trying to access, then you can re-enter the new credentials.

Might try turning off Mail in Google/Gmail account settings and then re-enable it.

Can also force things by removing the Gmail account and re-adding it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.