Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. Rek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2018
Oakland, CA
Hey there, I know ebay and craigslist is always an option. But I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that buys used stock Mac Pro parts. I'd like to sell my stock 2.8 4-core CPU, and 4gb and 1gb RAM, for what little they are worth, and was hoping there was somewhere easier than online auctions.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have. =)

AL1630

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
You could maybe reach out to some reseller sites that sell used macs, like Macofalltrades or OtherWorldComputing, but they might only buy full systems. In my experience, eBay is the best way to move stuff, as aggravating as it can be sometimes.

Reactions: Dr. Rek

DearthnVader

Suspended
Dec 17, 2015
Red Springs, NC
Reactions: Dr. Rek

Dr. Rek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2018
Oakland, CA
Tho I have to say, not much chance anyone is going to give much, if anything at all for the things you listed. Hardly worth the shipping, to be honest.

Agreed, that's why I was hoping for a simple solution.
Considering my new CPU was only $150, I can't imagine the old one is worth more than $75 or less.
The RAM, OWC offers $9 for the 4gb and $1 for the 1 gb, through a buy back rebate. But $10 isn't worth the postage or time for sure. I'll have to contact them about the CPU, if they can buy that too, maybe worth my time. =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.