Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emt1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I have my D70 listed here on MR, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on where else I could post it. I'm guessing I will have a hard time selling it here... I'd like to avoid eBay if possible.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I actually have been pondering the purchase to be honest. I am going to send in my D70 to get it converted to a full time IR camera. I'd love another D70 but I don't need the lens.

I think people want the latest 10000 MP cameras. The D70 to me was the sweet spot of digital cameras. It has the right about of MP for the censor used. I simply adore the camera maybe even more than my D300.
Though the D300 has the grip which is a deal maker for me.

Price without the lens perhaps? ;)

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
I briefly had a D70. Great camera … with exception of the viewfinder. As soon as I tried a D80, I switched. I probably would not mind if my D80 had only 6 megapixels, though.

emt1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I briefly had a D70. Great camera … with exception of the viewfinder. As soon as I tried a D80, I switched. I probably would not mind if my D80 had only 6 megapixels, though.

Megapixels don't really matter. I'm planning on getting the D40 later on down the road, which is also 6.1 megapixels.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Actually, I walked in to maybe get a better P&S at the LPS, and walked out with a used D70 body ($245 after tax).

I used it with an old Nikon lens I had.

Sorry, Nikon fans, I didn't like it - all my photos had a major piece of sensor dust. I didn't know about it until I loaded all the photos at home - too bad, some shots were pretty good.

I'm used to my dSLR's that have automatic dust reduction - seems like you really need that feature...

I asked about it when I returned it. The salesperson said you need at least a D60, which mainly consumer buy so they don't see many of those, or a D80, which are still expensive right now (they had one at another store for $489 kinda beat-up).

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
You can also look at Nikonians.org or NikonCafe. With that though you need to be a member of good standing and post a good bit. With Fredmiranda you need to pay I think $25 to post in the Buy/sell forum.

If need be you could also sell to a camera store such as B&H, Adorama, or even KEH.com.

You might not get what you want from the big stores though as they want to make some money off of the sale on there end.

Good luck on the sale I loved my D70. Will be looking for another one of the like at some point probably the D40 as it would be a great remote, especially with the Higher flash sync than the newer cameras just like the D70 had.

I'm used to my dSLR's that have automatic dust reduction - seems like you really need that feature...

Auto dust reduction, as in processing or physically removing the dust? Not so sure of this, if you take care of changing lenses and such you will be fine. Let alone you can get a blower to take care of any dust. All in all if you are carefull you will be fine. I have 2 cameras (D700 and D300) with the sensor cleaning option. I rarely use it and use a giottos rocket blower when needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.