Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fast Shadow

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
Hollywood, CA
I'm in SoCal on vacation this week - originally I was just going to relax and do nothing, but I decided to demo a Canon 40D. Any suggestions on good places to shoot in the greater Los Angeles area, or maybe within a radius of a couple of hundred miles? I'm a semi-pro shooter, primarily I do motorsport and nature photography. I'm familiar with the area, I'm just kind of thin on ideas for new places to go. Places I've already been to would be Joshua Tree, Palm Springs, the PCH from San Diego to LA, Santa Barbara, Palos Verdes/Long Beach/San Pedro... Looking for somewhere new to go. I was thinking about Death Valley or Sequoia, but they're long hauls from here and I'm not sure how much of Sequoia is accessible right now due to the snow.

Daringescape

macrumors regular
May 7, 2003
CA
you could try heading up hwy 395 - there are some pretty cool abandoned/semi abandoned towns and structures between Victorville and Lone Pine, and as an added bonus, you could take the 190 over to death valley and get some great shots there.

here is a google maps link to the area: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...935,-117.262573&spn=2.47414,5.119629&z=8&om=0

Otherwise, I would try the Getty as was already suggested, or for something different, go shoot the wonderfully eclectic folks in hollywood.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.