Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Hey everyone...not sure if this thread is too broad to go in this forum so feel free to move to Community Discussion or where ever appropriate.

I'm a high school student in Toronto (well, Markham) and we'll be having our March Break from the 7 until the 16th. I am wondering if there are any events going on then or places that you guys can recommend I go to to take some photos. Unfortunately, my mom is extremely busy and so it'll only be a day trip. Right after making this post I'm off to http://www.toronto.com/events take a look at the events going on. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I've pretty much exhausted walking around the downtown area...so I won't be wandering there unless there's a specific special event. The same goes for Niagrafalls (to a lesser extent). So I guess I'm looking for some "not so obvious" places.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Away down Queen St. If you go West, you might yet be able to find some good ones of what's left from that fire. Also, the waterfront might be nice. Just go as far as you've gotten so far. And then keep walking.
One Toronto photo actually got submitted to my (NYC-heavy) Ryerson portfolio...

cutsman

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
Hey everyone...not sure if this thread is too broad to go in this forum so feel free to move to Community Discussion or where ever appropriate.

I'm a high school student in Toronto (well, Markham) and we'll be having our March Break from the 7 until the 16th. I am wondering if there are any events going on then or places that you guys can recommend I go to to take some photos. Unfortunately, my mom is extremely busy and so it'll only be a day trip. Right after making this post I'm off to http://www.toronto.com/events take a look at the events going on. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I've pretty much exhausted walking around the downtown area...so I won't be wandering there unless there's a specific special event. The same goes for Niagrafalls (to a lesser extent). So I guess I'm looking for some "not so obvious" places.

Try the Brick Works (bring your tripod), Casa Loma, Metro Toronto Zoo, U of T campus (lots of nice, old architecture), Grafitti Alley (just west of Spadina and Queen West), Kensington Market, Waterfront....

Away down Queen St. If you go West, you might yet be able to find some good ones of what's left from that fire.

I was there this past weekend actually. It was really crowded and obviously fenced off, so I really wasn't able to get any good shots. It was definitely still interesting to see though..

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Thanks Mr. Brightside and Cutsman!

To Cutsman...I was just looking at your thread about your new Sigma wide angle lense earlier and I really like the photos (especially the first one) and was hoping you could give me some ideas of places to go shooting but didn't want to hi jack...glad you came across this thread:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.