Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
I've a (16,75cm/6,7 inch) aprox wrist and i'm plannig to buy a series 3 stainless steel gps+celluar.
Which size should i pick, 38 or 42 mm?

I dont care abou battery life or screen size, just want to not have a huge (wrist smaller than watch) watch in my wrist.

Useful info: have a 39mm iwc and 38mm daniel wellington (both round shape) but i dont wear them so much cause too heavy.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Since screen size and battery life are not concerns of yours, I think you answered your own question. Size and weight are the #1 and #2 most important things to you.

Buying from Apple? You'll have 14 days to make up your mind if the one you select isn't the right size.

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
well, i guess, i care. I dont want people thing i dont know how to wear a watvh and 42 seems big for me. Do you know i in apple stores still have the series 3 to prove. I 've seen they are still selling but in apple.com

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
Try them all and get the one that makes you happiest. Apple gives you a 14-day return period if you have a change of heart.

Given your wrist size, a 42mm would still look fine. Since none of the S3 watch faces fill the screen edge to edge the watch will look slightly smaller. The 38mm has an awfully tiny display. If weight is a concern but you still want cellular and a sturdy material you should definitely give the titanium S5 40mm a chance.

PS: I assume you're buying second hand because Apple doesn't sell SS S3 models anymore.

Meechen

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2019
My Arm has 17 cm, i wear the Watch 5 in 44 mm. I do not want a smaller one....
So i would prefer the 42 mm. But try them, than you will know it

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
@OP: I’ve got really small wrists for a bloke, and I wear the 44mm series 5. I don’t give a rats ass what people think about how I do or don’t wear a watch. And neither should you. Get the one that you want.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Choose the watch, which you think look best on you. I have also small wrists and would never wear the 42/44mm Apple Watch, as it looks big and dumb and is more expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.