Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleSheepLiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2017
Australia
So I want to buy an Apple Watch but I can't decide on the colour. I want either a space gray or rose gold Apple Watch. Also, does the pebble colour band look good on space gray?

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
So I want to buy an Apple Watch but I can't decide on the colour. I want either a space gray or rose gold Apple Watch. Also, does the pebble colour band look good on space gray?

In a related question: I can't decide on lunch tomorrow. Should I have a chicken or turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow?

It doesn't matter. Turkey tastes like chicken and rose gold looks like pink :)

Reactions: willmtaylor

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Space Gray would be my choice. I like the stealthy muted black tone and there are plenty of bands to match.

Rose Gold has a burnt hue tone, which I think would be harder to pair bands with.

AppleSheepLiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2017
Australia

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Well... since we're letting total strangers make decisions for us... should I be intimate with my wife tonight or wait until tomorrow?

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I picked space gray, because I think the darker color fits the black LCD better, and matches with many bands easier.

It's akin picking a black-face iPhone or white-face iPhone. Some prefer on over the other, and vice versa. For the Apple Watch, I don't particularly like the contrast between the shiny silver with the black LCD.

Reactions: AppleSheepLiz

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Silver, rose gold, or gold caused distraction - I see young people with gold Watch make me think they are rich. Anyway I have a gold SS LG Watch Urbane I used few times.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I picked space gray, because I think the darker color fits the black LCD better, and matches with many bands easier.

It's akin picking a black-face iPhone or white-face iPhone. Some prefer on over the other, and vice versa. For the Apple Watch, I don't particularly like the contrast between the shiny silver with the black LCD.

The space black stainless watch and the Apple Watch display blend in perfectly. They both have that glossy, shiny inky tone that match perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.