Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which model do you think will have the highest number of sales? (Globally)

• Total voters

amoebas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Between the four expected models, iphone 13 mini, iphone 13, iphone 13 pro, iphone 13 pro max.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
Once you go Max you'll never go back.

I've gotten so used to the larger screen iPhones I don't think I could own the smaller sizes. I have occasionally tried going back to a standard iPhone. Much easier to use one-handed, easier to carry. But I quickly miss the extra screen area and that longing overrides other considerations. Additionally, the Max versions have the biggest and longest lasting batteries.

Reactions: Matcha

Teedeechian

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2018
The plain 13, because its cheaper and has a new camera arrangement, then followed by the 13 Pro max.

chocolatines21

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2021
Wouldn't the pro models be more attractive will all the extra features (camera upgrades, ProMotion display etc...)? or maybe the vast majority of people will just go for the cheaper models

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Wouldn't the pro models be more attractive will all the extra features (camera upgrades, ProMotion display etc...)? or maybe the vast majority of people will just go for the cheaper models
Agree the pro model features are more attractive, but most consumers aren’t enthusiasts as such. So the marginal feature improvements over the previous gen models is sufficient, and even then many consumers don’t even know what those are. It’s merely the ‘newer’ one or newer than theirs, and that’s good enough. (Edit wording)

Reactions: MollyB

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Whistler, BC
this is an interesting POLL, the data is the opposite of the sales trend. I do think may will go from the MAX to the regular Pro this year...

jujubes

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2021
I believe the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 regular models outsold the pro versions. If i had to take a guess, Apple takes a bigger profit margin from the regular models

schneeland

macrumors regular
May 22, 2017
Darmstadt, Germany
I wish it was the Mini, because then everybody their mother would rush to make smaller phones again. Unfortunately, not even Prosser predicts that this will happen ;)

Last edited:

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
If all the 4 models are released at the same time in September, it will be interesting to see the sales figures. With the 12 series the 6.1" were released first, and then the Mini and Pro Max month later. As we all know the 12 Mini has not sold well, and the delayed release didn't help matters, although the 12 Pro Max did sell very well even with the delayed release. I reckon the 13 Mini will be slightly more successful this time round, but not by much, although I hope I'm wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.